Here is a list of top free places to promote your website business and boost your online visibility!
Let’s start with online directories and review sites, as they are the first step you should take on the road of launching an online business. Even if your business has been online for some time now, you should consider adding it to this list of great platforms: they will help you build brand awareness, give a free web promotion besides driving a decent amount of traffic to your page.
Make sure you don’t skip:
Yellow Pages. Search a bit and find your local Yellow Pages site since it surely already has a good marketing promotion and web ranking in Google and you should take advantage of it!
2. Foursquare is a directory that certainly knows how to make the most of social media!
3. Yelp. You can certainly use it for many other niches as well, just make sure you respond to reviews and comments regularly.
4. Google My Business. Whether you own a local shop or you are an online entrepreneur, Google My Business is one of the best websites and tools to promote your business. First of all, ensure your profile on Google My Business is filled in correctly and readers can easily find all important information.
5. Angie’s List is the service where you can list your site for free to get reviews of local users. That’s why Angie’s List is considered to be very relevant, and this is something to keep in mind!
6. Software Advice is a perfect free site for the promotion of software related business.
7. TripAdvisor is the place to be if your business is in any way correlated with tourism. If you are a hotel, hostel, apartment or a restaurant owner, TripAdvisor is a must-have for you.
9. GetApp. If you’ve recently launched a business app, there is not a better place to promote it than the GetApp directory.
10. DMOZ is a well known and very respected directory with probably the largest number of listings. Try to list website for free as well.
11. DexKnows is getting more and more popular among tourists since it is a good combo of all needed information: from addresses to directions.
12. SaaSGenius is designed to compare SaaS solutions, so you should focus on creating a strong profile on the page. The effort will pay off eventually!
13. Manta is a very easy-to-navigate site that is ideal for small local businesses. Find a proper category and list your firm!
14. Merchant Circle is a review-based platform that is very respected among readers, just make sure the reviews about your business are high ranked.
15. BBB is one of the oldest review directories and also one of the essential places to list your business.
Press release sites
Despite many controversies in the PR niche, press release is still a very good channel to promote free your business and the company news. If you want to make an impact with your press release, first, you should write a great content, and submit it to as many places as possible afterward. Check out where you can post it for free:
Open PR is not the best option, but you should try it as well.
Social media platforms
Whether you like it or not, nowadays the online world is spinning around social media! Despite their popularity, many business owners don’t use them still. Don’t be one of them! Here are the best sites to advertise content. Make sure you have active profiles and pages on these platforms:
Snapchat is a great promotion source for creative posts and videos, don’t skip it!
Reddit, Quora and StumbleUpon are platforms that can get you new users and brands awareness at the same time, since they are discussion-based. They have high spam filters so don’t even try to go black hat.
Tumblr is a bit forgotten platform designed mainly for bloggers, but if you know what’s trending and present it well, it will help your business no matter what niche you’re working in.
If your company has promotional videos or presentations, Vimeo, Dailymotion and SlideShare are platforms to be! Registering is completely free and their community is large and active.
If you have a blog (if not implement it ASAP!), Digg is one of the most popular networks to promote it. Having doubts? 21 million users will prove you are wrong!
AngelList was a place to connect startups with investors, but ended up being a strong and popular directory for entrepreneurs in general.
We heart it, similar to Instagram and Pinterest, is a place to be if your business or marketing strategy focuses on great visual content.
Content promotion sites
Everyone knows that content is the king of marketing. Apart from using it to rank well in Google search results through good blog posts and articles, you can promote your business very well. To do it well, choose the best sites to advertise content:
Flickr was mostly used by amateur photographers in the beginning, but now it is a very useful community for business promotion as well.
Infographics Archive is basically an archive of various Infographics, so you should submit yours as well.
Submit Infographics is another “name explaining” website which allows you to submit your work easily.
Visually is a directory suitable for both brand awareness and promotion on the web.
Infographix Directory is a self-submission platform for Infographics, but we just want to highlight the importance of writing a good description to go with it.
Infographics Showcase doesn’t have that many monthly visitors, but it is still a good and one of the relevant websites to share your stores.
Make Your Content Viral with Social Media Share
Social media is not only a highly effective tool for connecting and interacting with highly targeted audiences in a more personal and social level, it also made it quite easy for high-quality content you share to get even more reach with the use of social sharing buttons. You should include plug-ins for social media sharing with each of your content, practically allowing your visitors to spread the word about your website quickly and easily with just a single click of these buttons.
With search engine algorithms changing and leaning towards social relevance, ongoing social media sharing activities in your websites will definitely be a plus factor that can help your sites get better ranking. The more social media sharing activities going on, the better your social scores can be.
Make Your Content Go Even More Viral with Social Media Bookmarking
Social media shares can let your content go viral, but with social media bookmarking, your targeted audiences can include your website among their favorites. What this will do for your site is to get your readers well be updated with your latest posts and uploads, reach even more targeted audiences within your readers’ own networks, and give your websites tons of high quality backlinks coming from high-traffic social bookmarking sites like Del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, Digg and Reddit to name a few and fasting growing specific bookmarking sites like Sharebloc, Snapzu BizSugar, Triberr and Inbound.org. You can’t go wrong posting your contents here, just don’t forget the golden rule. Don’t self-promote your contents only. Curate the best links of our other sites also and post it there.
Improve Your Online Presence by Local Business Directories
Online local directories is one of the best ways a local business owner can promote his or her business. Sites like Google+ local, Bing local, Yahoo local, Yelp, Manta and others allowed you to list your local business and gain targeted exposure to your targeted audience in your area. Maximize all the features that these local directories are offering you and always strive to persuade your customers to leave honest reviews about your business there! More positive reviews you get in your listing the better exposure for your business.
While it can take time to learn how to promote a website, it is important to focus on being patient. It can take a few weeks, or months before you notice a significant increase in traffic and your online ranking. For additional information on how to promote a website, contact WebTargetedTraffic today!
Buy Targeted Traffic That Converts - Real Human Website Traffic
We offer the best targeted traffic service that actually works! Take Your Business To The Next Level With Our High Quality AdSense Safe Website Traffic. Give Your Business The Edge It Needs To Outsmart Your Competition. Start Growing Your Business Today!
We’re a full-service digital marketing company with experience creating customized SEO plans that help your business succeed.
If you’re looking for results, we know how to drive them. To date, we’ve driven over $600 million in sales and over 4 million leads for our clients. We focus on putting our clients’ success before everything else.